Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Tower

Mom and dad, Dani and I were in our room getting ourselves situated for the week ahead of us when we heard Ashlee and Ashlyn call our names. We looked to the place where we heard the voices, they were at the top of a tower! I asked them to show me how to get up there because it looked like a cool place to be. They then showed us the way to the top of the tower. On my way up I tripped on the metal stairs; it was very funny. But when I was at the top my flip- flop felt weird... When I looked down I saw blood gushing from my big toe! It started hurting a lot and I could not walk down all of the flights of stairs. But don't worry I got help! Despite my injury, I perservered and I am enjoying every moment of my trip in Piura, Peru. Cailyn Tompa

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bernie and Shana - she really is okay. We bandaged the cut and everything's fine :) *sigh*
    ~John Kouns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Cailyn, I saw that tower in the photographs. It will always have a special story for you! Thanks for being the hands and feet of the gospel as you work there. Mrs. Ingraham

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing experiences all of you are having. You are truly taking care of the "least of these" as Jesus asked us to do.
    Blessings on your work and safe travels,
    Pastor Dave Summers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shana and Bernie TompaJuly 3, 2012 at 10:48 PM

    Having four doctors and a medical student on hand....we aren't worried!!! Thank you John and the rest of the youth leaders and mission trip chaperones for all your efforts in making this faith-shaping experience possible.

    ReplyDelete