Wednesday, July 14, 2010

An Awesome Day:)

Hi everyone it's Mady again.  Today was such a great day, all the kids at the Bridge Project are really starting to get comfortable with us so we're having more fun with them.  Some twins today were celebrating their birthday there today and you could tell how special it made them feel to have thirty kids singing them "Happy Birthday" and playing games in their honor.  I felt pretty special myself today when we were waiting around for the lingering students to get picked up.  One little girl, Kelly, was very excited about the purse she was carrying that day and was showing me the contents, a ring and a bookmark.  When I complimented her on her treasures she asked if I wanted anything.  The fact that this child living in the projects was asking me if she could give me the contents of her purse struck me as one of the kindest and most innocent actions I had every seen.  What struck me even more was that after I declined she said, "Okay, I'm going to bring you something tomorrow."  These kids are amazing and I feel so lucky to get to hang out with them every day.
Thanks for reading!
-Mady

No comments:

Post a Comment